Thursday, September 5, 2013

How to style your little black dress


H&M divided basic:$12.95



Fall is right around the corner and that can only mean one thing...layering! Today's post will be my own take on styling a simple cotton black dress that i got at H&M and coming up with 3 different looks simply by layering and accessorizing the right way. 

First look
Keeping it simple with this first look. Pairing a plain black dress with the right accessories but keeping it minimal is key to creating a very trendy and edgy look. I'm always a big fan of the all black look. 

Vegan leather baseball cap: shopgypsumstyle.com 
Necklace: H&M
Leather booties: H&M

Second look
For those days when you just feel like being warm and cozy but still want to look cute, throw on a baggy knit sweater and layer some necklaces of different lengths on top to spice things up. I added my wide fedora hat to complete the look. 

Wide-edged fedora hat: Topshop 
Knit sweater: H&M 
Combat boots: Aldo 

Third look
This look is for the girl on the go. I'm wearing my lovely biker leather jacket from H&M and tied my plaid shirt around my waist to add some dimension to the look. To add extra edginess: Pair the look with circle sunnies and put your hair in a top bun! 

Leather Jacket: H&M
Plaid shirt: H&M Men's 
Cut-out booties: choies.com
Circle sunnies: Toronto Kensington market 

Have a lovely thursday guys! 

xxx,

Stef

5 comments: