Sunday, October 6, 2013

P is for Plaid




Boyfriend Blazer: Thrifted (Value Village)

Cream knit top: Brandy Melville/ Whistle necklace: Nasty Gal



Alexander Wang Cut-out Booties: Choies.com 



Hey guys! Sorry about the lack of posts lately...school is starting to take over, but I definitely give koodos to the bloggers out there that are able to juggle school and work and are still able to post daily! As for me, i'm trying my best haha. This post, i'm super excited about because i'm oh so happy that I finally found a vintage plaid blazer! I have been looking for so long but could not find the right colour scheme, fit or the right size.. but as I was looking through the isles of the men's blazers and jackets at a thrift store this weekend, i spotted this beauty that I immediately grabbed without hesitation! I had to do some minor alterations like taking out the shoulder pads but it was a quick 10 min fix that was totally worth it! 

This fall, plaid seems to be among the favourites of the season. From runways to streetstyle, Plaid has been featured in a wide range of colours, patterns and fabrics and I am hooked! I couldn't have found this piece at a better time and love how it has the appearance of a boyfriend blazer on me since it is a men's blazer. I paired it with a cream knit tank that I recently bought from Brandy Melville, my black trousers from Zara and my leather cut-out booties from Choies' online store. As for my hair and makeup, I chose to do a messy bun and a dark mauve lipstick which complemented the colours on the blazer exquisitely!

 My next mission is to find a pair of plaid trousers that can match with the blazer so I can rock the matching pant and suit combo! 

Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

xo,

Stef 




No comments:

Post a Comment